There is very little information about the ‘Z-COTE’ series of rifles and pistols. From what I have been able to find on the internet so far the following items in the Z-COTE series exist:
- AR15A2 HBAR (receiver marked AR15A2 GOVT MODEL w/ A2 sights) limited production of 250. Came in a regular ‘green label’ box. The ‘Z’ mark is on the front of the magazine well.
- AR15A2 Carbine (receiver marked
AR15A2 Sporter II w/A1 sights)- limited production of 150 (sold with the pistol)
- M1911 Pistol- limited production of 150 (sold with the carbine). Came in a brown cardboard box with a styrofoam shape matching insert. The ‘Z’ mark is on the grip safety. The rollmark on the left side of the slide says ‘Colt Camo Companion’. The serial number begins with ‘CAMO’.
- The AR15A2 Sporter II Carbine came in a soft case referred to as an ‘armadillo’ case. It had a pocket for the Z-Cote M1911.
- Camouflage Buck bayonet- Apparently only three were made. One sold on Gun Broker in 2016 for over $700.
- I will comeback and update this as more information is learned/validated.